Saturday 10 February 2007

Setup / excuses

Technically, it's a bit lo-fi: just an off-the-shelf compact digital camera switched to video mode. And the video has been web-compressed. If it proves interesting I'd love to shoot some in a HD video format, and use a proper stereo microphone. But for now, see it as proof of concept.

Also, I'm a bit strapped for bandwidth at the moment so the video's a little over-compressed. If you know of anyone who will host and serve FLV video files then please let me know.

Thanks.

2 comments:

clive said...

Wouldn't YouTube be the best place to host them? You can upload as whatever normal format you're shooting - avi, mov, mpg, whatever - and then embed directly from there.

Just a thought.

--c.

Unknown said...

Yes, I considered using YouTube and also Google Video. The reason why I went for hosting them myself is that I want a clutter-free presentation – like a photograph, without video player controls, YouTube logos and so on.